Friday 17 September 2010

Lists of the things that I am thankful for..Day #0

I have not really been in touch with my soul, and depression symptoms seems to show. And after I suspected that the depression is coming back, I did tests from a few online websites to check whether I'm reverting back in that state. Looks like it though...I tried to search for help..but I realised that ranting to people on how I felt would not helped me. It only made me fall into a negative-habit-spiral. I truly feel and know that they care, but the only way to find happiness is from within me.

So a change of strategy. A motivating and aspiring book that I've read long time ago, Happy for No Reason, made one of its suggestions that listing all the things that I am grateful for today on everyday basis would be a baby step to happiness. So I am going to start this plan again. I've practiced this before, but what I did last time was verbally when wake up and before sleep everyday. However as time goes by, I got busy with my life, this habit seems to slipped out of me.

Here I am, going to start on an atleast-5-things-that-im-thankful-day-to-day-list for a period of 60 days (ie. 2months) in written-form. Hopefully, I may be a happier person by the end of the 60 days period.

For warm-up, today will be Day #0:-
I am grateful and happy that..
  1. I have manage to complete 12weeks of industrial training.
  2. Made a few friends from the internship.
  3. Having good lunch and filling dinner.
  4. That he still care and love me.
  5. Having a family, ie. mommy, father, sis.. etc.
  6. Completed the hardware circuit (for the internship company) that I spent so much effort on.
  7. Able to realise that I lost myself so much and wanting to be better.

This baby step is not that bad. Looks like I've managed to list more than 5 things. I am grateful about this too. ^_^

Being able to give myself credit and saying thank you to myself and things around me truly help to boost my self-image, -confidence, and -esteem.

Looking forward for tomorrow's list...

No comments: